Math = Love: Logic Puzzle Love: Tents

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Logic Puzzle Love: Tents

Back before spring break, I tried out two new-to-me logic puzzles with my students.  I already blogged about the Slants puzzles from Brain Bashers.  Today, I want to blog about the Tents puzzles from Brain Bashers.  

These Tents puzzles can be found here on the Brain Bashers website.

I created a one-page introduction with the rules for these Tents puzzles to give to my students.  

  
Then, I used my snipping tool to grab several puzzles for my students to try their hands at. 

Page 1 of Puzzles:


Page 2 of Puzzles:



Page 3 of Puzzles:



I didn't actually try any of these puzzles out for myself before giving them to my students.  

Here's how my first puzzle went: 


I thought I was doing good, and then all of a sudden things just stopped falling into place.  I had no idea where/when I had made a mistake with my logic.  My students also really struggled with this first puzzle.

I'm happy to report that I did much better with the subsequent puzzles!


One of my students came back from Spring Break saying she had done some of the puzzles over break and really enjoyed them.  I call that a win!

I've uploaded the file I created to introduce my students to these puzzles here.


2 comments:

  1. The tent puzzles are similar to Nurikabe puzzles on Sporcle. One quizmaker has made mini, medium, and large puzzles so there's a puzzle for everyone—or any amount of time.

    ReplyDelete