Math = Love: INB Pages for Algebra 1 Unit on Polynomials

Thursday, March 16, 2017

INB Pages for Algebra 1 Unit on Polynomials

Since Algebra 1 is finished with polynomials, I thought I should share our interactive notebook pages for the unit.  

Each unit starts with a divider.  You can read more about these dividers here.  


The other side of the divider contains the SBG skills for the unit.


Here's a close-up of the skill list.


I've already blogged about these first few notebook pages in a post on introducing polynomials.  Keep scrolling, and you'll find some new pages that I haven't blogged about before!

Polynomial Frayer Model


Polynomial or Not? Shading Activity


Parts of a Polynomial Vocab Book






Practicing our new vocabulary:


Naming Polynomials Chart


Naming Polynomials Practice Sheet



Adding and Subtracting Polynomials (Using Function Notation)





Box Method for Multiplying Polynomials







Factoring out the GCF of a Polynomial







I always have my Algebra 1 students look for patterns before we begin factoring polynomials.




Notes for Factoring Quadratics Using the Box Method:


I took some step-by-step pictures while writing out these notes to help explain the process.  Those will have to be another post since this one is getting so long!










Yay for polynomials!

Files are uploaded here.  (It seems that the multiplying polynomials notes are on my school computer.  I will have to upload them when I get back to school after Spring Break!)

6 comments:

  1. Yay for Sarah Carter!! thank you for all the time and attention you put into your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polynomials are just one kind of algebraic expression. They are very useful in modeling many real world problems and they occur in many formulas. Thanks for sharing this solving method, may I copy your article and placed it as my literacy for teaching? thanks before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. Can I ask if you have an answer to a common question that students ask, but they especially ask when starting to learn about polynomials? They ask, "What's the point? When will I ever need this?" I have a answer that I give them, but I'm wondering if you have anything better...Also, why are we learning to multiply and then to undo the multiplying? (or actually, they ask why are we "FOIL"ing and un"FOIL"ing because that's what they learn polynomial multiplication as...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The team of writers hired by our firm are highly professional in equation typing and delivering such kinds of services to the clients. Apart from the writers, our firm’s equation typer is skilled and mastered in their field. The staff of our company have readiness to help and are always available for supporting the clients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of Polynomials, I just made a Memory game for naming polynomials. They had to match the name to an example, and there were two of each type such as linear binomial or cubic trinomial. It went over really well! It's so exciting when they love something you up time and effort into creating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mathematics is the most beautiful and most powerful creation of the human spirit.
    Want to improve your knowledge in math? Just visit https://techhubcorp.com/solaro/ for more infos.

    ReplyDelete